Sports Development Strategy
Physical Activity and Sports Development Strategy
Sport Belfast has put together the Physical Activity and Sports Development Strategy to develop sport and recreation facilities in Belfast.
The strategy has five key goals to improve sports development in the city:
- partnership - encouraging effective co-ordination and communication between the strategy's partners
- capacity - developing community, volunteer and club involvement in sport
- facilities - making sure Belfast has the 'right' facilities in the 'right' places
- participation - boosting participation in sports
- performance - looking at ways in which performance can be developed.
It also identifies seven main ways to help it achieve these goals. These are:
- supporting schools and third-level institutions
- building sustainable club and community development
- raising the profile of sport and physical activity in Belfast
- promoting health and physical activity
- developing coaches and volunteers
- supporting leisure centres to become development and community-focused
- developing 'pathways to performance'.