Belfast Parks Photographic Competition
The Belfast Parks Photographic Competition 2018 is now closed.
Judging took place mid-October and winners have been informed.
A prize-giving function for the winners took place on Thursday 25 October.
The four categories were:
All photos must have been taken in one of Belfast City Council’s parks or open spaces and focus on our park landscapes, people in our parks or summertime in our parks.
- People in our parks: such as people walking, jogging, cycling, attending events or using outdoor gyms, playgrounds, allotments and bowling greens.
- Park landscapes: for example landscape shots, animals, trees, plants, buildings and horticultural displays in a recognisable park setting.
- Summertime in our parks: for example flowers in bloom, wonderful sunsets and sunrises or those lazy summer days.
- Under 16s - photo must have been taken by a person aged 16 years or under.
All winners and runners-up of each category receive a share of £1,000 courtesy of the competition sponsor John McQuillan (Contracts) Ltd. They will also receive a canvas of their winning image, kindly provided by Jessops.
2018 winners and prizes
The winners of the Parks Photographic Competition 2018 are:
- Marielle Hinggan - 1st place, Summertime in our parks
- Nicola Johnston - 2nd place, Summertime in our parks
- Sian Kerr - 3rd place, Summertime in our parks
- Qingzhu Li - 1st place, People in our parks
- Minchen Liang - 2nd place, People in our parks
- Bruce Marshall - 3rd place, People in our parks
- Judith Cochrane - 1st place, Park landscapes
- Ewelina Rutecka - 2nd place, Park landscapes
- Philip McGowan - 3rd place, Park landscapes
- Aaron Aicken - 1st place, Under 16s
- Zoe Page - 2nd place, Under 16s
- Zara Crosbie - 3rd place, Under 16s
View the winning photographs from our Parks Photographic competition 2018.
View some of our previous entries to the Parks Photographic Competition here.
View previous winners from our Parks Photographic Competitions.