Rates for 2020 - 2021
We've agreed a district rate increase of 1.99 per cent for 2020 - 2021.
Each year we estimate our income and expenditure for the next financial year. Based on these estimates, we set a district rate for that financial year. The money that we get from district rates enables us to deliver our services during the year.
This low increase has been made possible by making continued efficiencies across Council while also delivering on major capital investment for the ratepayers of the city.
We're committed to:
- providing high standard services
- value for money services and
- investing in our citywide and local facilities.
We're also supporting the growth of the economy and creating job opportunities by supporting the development of office accommodation, hotels and retail as part of city centre development.
The 1.99 per cent district rate increase means an average increase of:
- 63p per month, or £7.61 per year, for a house
- the increase for businesses will be dependent on the Revaluation 2020 carried out by Land and Property Services, which will come into effect in April.