Rates for 2019 - 2020
We've agreed a district rate increase of 1.98 per cent for 2019 - 2020.
Each year we estimate our income and expenditure for the next financial year. Based on these estimates, we set a district rate for that financial year. The money that we get from district rates enables us to deliver our services during the year.
This is lower than the rate of inflation and has been achieved by us making ongoing efficiencies of £30m.
We're committed to:
- providing high standard services
- value for money services and
- investing in our citywide and local facilities.
We're also supporting the growth of the economy and creating job opportunities by supporting the development of office accommodation, hotels and retail as part of city centre development.
The 1.98 per cent district rate increase means an average weekly increase of:
- 46p per month, or £7.44 per year, for a house
- £11.51 per month, or £138.10 per year, for offices and retail premises.