Sail Training Voyages
Coronavirus (COVID-19) update
Due to the ongoing Coronavirus (COVID19) pandemic all sail training voyages and programmes have been cancelled for the remainder of the year, with a view to return in 2021.
About sail training voyages
Our mission is to engage with the residents of Belfast city, by creating access to sail training experiences and voyages for citizens of all abilities and backgrounds. We currently run programmes on outdoor education and sail training, which can improve the lives of young and older people.
- promote active citizenship and increase the participation in civic life
- promote and support volunteering
- health and wellbeing
- environment and climate change
- improve the key competencies and skills of young people
- increase the participation of all citizens with fewer opportunities
- promote intercultural learning and dialogue
- promote social inclusion and solidarity, and
- increase learning mobility and employability.
If you have any queries, please call our Community Development Officer on 028 9032 0202 ext 3584.
Expression of interest to provide Sail Training
We are seeking expressions of interest from experienced operators or organisations to provide sail training opportunities for local trainees.
The programme provides several sailing opportunities throughout the season, which runs from March to October. These range from ‘come and try it’ for complete novices, through to longer sails on a tall ship or other vessels.
If you would like to find out more, and to request an application pack please email firstname.lastname@example.org