Seniors Info has been developed by Belfast Healthy Cities in partnership with other organisations and older people.
- Heating your home (PDF - 90KB) - heating your home, paying heating bills and renewable energy sources
- Preventing crime (PDF - 92KB) - advice on preventing crime and dealing with bogus callers at your home
- Housing (PDF - 114KB) - housing options, the upkeep of your home and housing rights and benefit
- Health and wellbeing (PDF - 145KB) - major health issues and has advice on eating and keeping well
- Rights and advocacy (PDF - 78KB) - your legal and consumer rights and how to get help if you need it
- Learning and leisure (PDF - 105KB) - lifelong learning, leisure activities, holidays and shopping
- Safety in the home (PDF - 91KB) - accident prevention, managing your medicines and home safety checks
- Income, benefits and money (PDF - 105KB) - benefits, grants, paying bills, and preparing for retirement
- Transport (PDF - 120KB) - ways you can travel, including by bus, train, car, taxi, plane, boat and cycling
- Support organisations (PDF - 95KB) - contact details of organisations that offer support
- Emergency contact numbers (PDF - 77KB) - contact details for emergency services
Info training sessions
We offer free half-day training sessions to help you use the seniors info directory more effectively.
There are two types of training session available:
- an awareness raising workshop which use scenarios to show you how to get the most from Seniors Info
- a more in-depth look at the online version of Seniors Info, which will include fact sheets, and is designed to help those with more complex needs.
If you are interested in attending a training session, call:
- Anne Ross on 028 9050 2073 (extension 3299), or
- Elma Greer on 028 9050 2073 (extension 3386).