Childcare Career Development Academy
The Childcare Career Development Academy is a new training programme designed in partnership with Early Years and the Daycare Forum, plus employers from across Belfast to help them upskill staff working within the childcare sector.
The academy will cover the training, learning support, assessments, verification and certification needed to achieve Level 3-5 childcare qualifications, depending on the needs and circumstances of those people who secure a place.
Every participant who achieves the qualification can then access a job opportunity for a supervisory or management position with their employer.
The Childcare Career Development Academy is open to Belfast residents who currently working within childcare and meet the following criteria:
- Applicants must have the support of their employer to take part in the academy. The employer must also be committed to providing access to a career development opportunity once the academy has been successfully completed.
- For those wishing to access a Level 3 qualification, confirmation that they currently possess no more than a Level 2 qualification within the relevant field is required.
- For those wishing to access a Level 4-5 qualification, confirmation that they currently possess no more than a Level 3 qualification within the relevant field is required.
- Applicants must be committed and able to fully participate in relevant aspects of the academy and be committed to progressing their career.
- Applicants must meet all pre-conditions of the programme stipulated by their employer.
- Participants must have the right to work in the UK.
- Applicants must not be registered for other initiatives that would exclude them from participating.
How to apply
Applications for this programme are currently closed.