Bridge to MassChallenge Belfast 2018
MassChallenge Belfast 2018 is an international start-up competition, funded by the council, in partnership with Invest Northern Ireland and Catalyst Inc. The competition aims to identify and accelerate ten of the very best start-ups in Belfast, and connects those start-ups to the global market and MassChallenge's global network.
Since 2010, MassChallenge has accelerated 1,211 start-ups who have collectively raised $1.8 billion in funding, generated $700 million in revenue, and created 60,000 jobs in five market locations (Boston, Israel, Mexico, Switzerland, and the UK).
What's in it for the successful applicants?
Following the application process, the 10 successful start-up businesses will participate in a local boot camp, which will be held in Belfast, in May of this year. This is an intensive, all-day event which is then followed by a five-day boot camp, which will be held in Boston, where they will receive:
- tailored training and workshops
- one-to-one mentoring from top international experts
- networking opportunities
- unique access to the Boston’s business ecosystems
- access to MassChallenge and Catalyst Inc’s international networks.
To be eligible for the programme applicants must:
- be an early-stage start-up with the ambition to achieve revenue of upwards of £10 million, enter the US market and access new opportunities to support scale and grow
- be based in the Belfast City Council boundary area
- be able to demonstrate high growth potential.
Local judges will evaluate all applications, with the top ten start-ups being chosen to attend the MassChallenge Belfast and Boston boot camps in May, later this year.
How to apply
Applications for the MassChallenge Belfast competition closed at 12 noon on Friday 6 April 2018.
All ten successful applicants will be notified of the outcome, no later than Thursday, 12 April 2018, by email.
Please note: The 10 participating start-up companies will be offered support towards travel and accommodation costs by Invest Northern Ireland and mentoring from Catalyst Inc.
To find out more, please contact a member of our Economic Development Unit on 028 9027 0482 or visit the MassChallenge website.