Belfast Enterprise Academy
About the programme
Belfast Enterprise Academy (BEA) is an award-winning programme open to all Further Education (FE) and Higher Education (HE) students working towards degree level or higher, and who are living in the Belfast city council boundary area.
BEA is a programme for students who are serious about running their own business. Over 70 student led start-ups have emerged from the BEA programme over the past number of years.
- A community of student led start-ups with similar ambitions of starting their own business
- First-hand experience of how businesses operate and gain access to the people behind the day to day running of a business
- Access to one-to-one tailored mentoring from business experts. This may include:
- Financial advice
- Social media and marketing plans
- Developing a strong brand
- Opportunities to be part of a strong network and present your business to a team of experts and receive real time feedback on how to progress further
- Access to workshops to gain further insight into running a business
- The opportunity to gain an OCN Level 3 Award in Business Development which can be used to qualify for the Edge Award (Ulster University), Degree Plus (Queen’s University Belfast) and Certificate in Processing Creativity (Belfast Met).
BEA programme schedule 2019
||Workshop three: Let’s keep it legal
||Best practice visits
||Business planning group work
||Meet the Experts lunch
||Workshop four: Let’s brand it
|12 – 13 February
||1:1 mentoring appointments
||Workshop five: Let’s go digital
||1:1 Mentoring and business planning
||Business support clinic - meet the support agencies
||Business planning and portfolio mentoring
||1:1 mentoring and mock presentations
||Presentation to panel of business plans
||Business plans and portfolios due to be completed
How to apply
Applications for this programme have now closed.
If you would like any more information on this programme, please email firstname.lastname@example.org