Belfast Local Development Plan
We are responsible for developing a Local Development Plan for Belfast, working with local people, to create a clear vision of how the council area should develop and what it will look like in the years to come.
The Local Development Plan will:
- provide a 15-year plan framework to support economic and social needs in the city
- facilitate growth by coordinating public and private investment to encourage development where it can be of most benefit to the wellbeing of the community
- allocate sufficient land to meet the needs of the city
- provide an opportunity for all stakeholders, including the public, to have a say about where and how development within the local area should take place
- provide a plan-led framework for rational and consistent decision making
- deliver the spatial aspects of The Belfast Agenda, the city's community plan.
Publication of submissions to draft Plan Strategy and making counter representations
All submissions received in relation to our draft Plan Strategy for the Belfast Local Development Plan are now available for inspection, both online and in person from our Planning Service offices.
Counter representations can also be made from 12noon on Friday 1 March until 12noon on Friday 26 April 2019.
Local Development Plan process
Ongoing engagement and community consultation is an important element of the Belfast Local Development Plan.
Here are the key pieces of work carried out so far: