Castle electoral area wheelie box scheme
Wheelie box collections in the Castle area of north Belfast have resumed. We have made some changes to protect the health and safety of our staff.
- Your wheelie box will be collected on your normal collection day each week.
- This collection will take any material currently in your boxes except for glass, batteries, textiles and tools. Please do not put these items into your wheelie box. If possible, please store any extra materials to recycle when normal services resume.
- Your green food bin will not be emptied. Please place all food waste into your brown bin which will be collected as normal.
- We will not empty the wheelie box if any box is found to contain tissues.
- If you are one of our customers who has a separate bag for cardboard, it will not be collected during these temporary collection arrangements. Please keep it aside until we return to normal service.
What you can put into your wheelie boxes from 11 May until further notice
|Blue wheelie box
||Red wheelie box
||Green wheelie box
Paper (no tissues)
pots, tubs and trays)
Please take the following health and safety precautions during all collections:
- Wash your hands before and after putting items in your wheelie box, and before and after leaving your wheelie box out and bringing it in.
- Disinfect the handles before and after putting the wheelie box out for collection.
- Put wipes, cloths and gloves used for cleaning into the general waste. If anyone in your house has symptoms of COVID-19, please avoid putting boxes out for 72 hours after the two-week self-isolation period. Do not put recycling out while you are self-isolating.
- We will not empty the wheelie box if any box is found to contain tissues. Tissues are general waste and should be placed in your black bin. They cannot be recycled and should not be placed in your wheelie box at any time.
- If anyone in your house has suspected or confirmed coronavirus, you should do the following before disposing of tissues or cleaning items such as wipes, cloths, gloves:
- double-bag the items, tying the bags securely.
- keep them separate from other waste for 72 hours, before putting them into your black waste bin for collection
If you have any queries, please contact our helpline on 0800 032 8100 or email firstname.lastname@example.org
Find out more about our changes to waste and recycling collection services.