Belfast PCSP hosts annual Christmas Crime Prevention event in City Hall
3 Dec 2019
Belfast PCSP today hosted their annual Christmas Crime Prevention Event in City Hall today which was open to members of the public, providing free practical advice, information and support on crime prevention and safety issues for the festive season from a range of statutory, community and voluntary organisations.
The event hosted tips on crime prevention in the home and business, car crime, bogus callers, advice regarding scams, drugs and alcohol, mental health, food safety tips and consumer advice including debt services and fire prevention information.
A number of organisations exhibited at the event including the PSNI, NI Fire & Rescue Service, the Consumer Council, NI Water, Ulsterbank and O2.
If you were unable to attend, here are a few festive tips for the festive season;
• Keep your windows and doors locked at all times
• Stick with friends on a night out and plan how you’re getting home
• Let your neighbours know if you are going away over the festive period
• Ask all callers at your door for identification
• Park in well-lit or attended car parks
• Don’t leave gifts or valuables in view of windows or doors
• Avoid carrying large amounts of money
• Never leave your drink unattended in bars and clubs
For more information please contact the Belfast Policing and Community Safety Partnership on 028 9027 0556 or email@example.com.